Sunday, June 6, 2010

orange poppy seed bread


I made this orange poppy seed bread this weekend and it was to die for! Making the orange "magic" dust is totally worth it. The only thing I might do differently next time is cut the almond extract down to 1/2 teaspoon in both the batter and the glaze, instead of the 1 teaspoon for each that it calls for. But I'm not an almond extract fan. So it would be more powerful to me than to others perhaps. This is my favorite bread right now. I think about eating  it all the time. Obsess much? Recipe from here. And of course, her bread is more beautiful than mine. I don't know how to get it not to crack down the middle and sink. But it all goes to the same place. My stomach.

3 comments:

mrsofficer said...

Yours looks pretty yummy to me! Good Job

KD said...

me too! A fan of almond extract i am not. :P

Hope all is well, don't eat the whole loaf at once, and send me some, please.

KD said...

So wait.... Did you make your orange dust with a spice grinder?!?!?!!?