Tuesday, March 16, 2010

kiwi popsicles

 
if you are wondering what's on the wall, it's a homemade preschool board I made with bulletin boards. It has a calendar, the weather, days, months, numbers, etc.
I've had this recipe for probably 15 years or so, since I was about 15. I think I cut it out of a magazine, but I'm not sure which one.

Kiwifruit Popsicles
4 kiwis
1 can (6 oz.) lemonade concentrate, thawed
2 cups water

Peel kiwis. Process in blender or food processor just until smooth; do not crush seeds. Stir in lemonade concentrate and water. Pour mixture into ten 3-ounce popsicle molds or paper cups; place cups in freezer until partially frozen. Place popsicle sticks in center of cups and freeze firm.

nutritional information per serving (makes 10 servings):
50 calories :: 0 g protein :: 0 g fat :: 12 g carbs :: 3 mg sodium :: 0 mg cholesterol ::

***my notes***
I don't like the corn syrup in frozen lemon juice concentrate, so I used fresh squeezed lemon juice sweetened with agave. For every 1 cup of sugar, you would use 2/3 cup agave. It is actually sweeter than sugar. I've used Simply Lemonade before as well. As far as I know, it doesn't have anything suspicious in it. It says natural cane sugar and other flavors. Whatever that means. So I ended up using 2 cups of just lemonade in place of the frozen juice, and it turned out great. It changes the consistency and texture slightly.

1 comment:

Connie K said...

Looks yummy & easy too ! these will be great for the hot days ahead :)