Tuesday, January 26, 2010

apple pie trail mix


 

This was so easy to make and it really did remind me of apple pie. The longer you store the mix, the softer the teddy grahams and granola become. I prefer it crunchy, but it was still enjoyable soft. I like how the teddy grahams have belly buttons. . .

This is one of those recipes that you sort of eyeball until it's to your liking, but I started out with a cup of each ingredient and then added more of one or another until it was to my liking.

1 cup Teddy Grahams
1 cup Granola
1 cup yogurt covered raisins
1 cup dried apples, cut into bite size pieces

Mix all ingredients together and store in airtight container. I put mine into tiny little one-serving containers so my kids and husband could snack on them conveniently. I ended up adding the whole bag of dried apples, and used my kitchen scissors to quickly cut them in the size of pieces I wanted. I also added another cup of granola and a shake more of both the teddy grahams and the raisins. Yeah, a shake. Not a perfectly healthy treat or snack, but not too bad either.


No comments: