Tuesday, March 17, 2009

sweet chili meatballs


Mr. Fuzz loves these meatballs. We've made them for parties and get-togethers and they are gone lickety-split. (I don't think I've ever actually said lickety-split before). They are great by themselves, as shown above in a bowl with chopsticks, or served inside a hoagie roll to make a sandwich. I just stick these babies in a crockpot for a few hours and they're done. It's that easy. You can make your own meatballs if you have a recipe you like to use. I have found a frozen pre-made brand that I like. I have also noticed that sometimes brand matters.

sweet chili meatballs

2 (32 oz) packages of homestyle meatballs (I'm not sure if Italian style would make a difference)
1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 (12 oz) grape jelly (I like to use Welch's)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 (12 oz) chili sauce (I like to use Homade brand)

Combine ingredients and heat in a crockpot on high until heated through. Serve in hoagie buns or by themselves. If using homemade meatballs, cook them thoroughly before heating it with the sauce. These are the brands that I use:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm hungry.